Jeannette Johnson, Physiotherapist HPC Guelph
Jeannette is a proud University of Guelph alum, who competed at the varsity level as a sprinter with the Gryphons women's track and field team while pursuing her undergraduate degree in human kinetics. Following her undergrad, Jeannette completed her Master of Science (Physical Therapy) from the University of Toronto. She has taken numerous professional development courses, including Integrated Dry Needling, concussion management, manual therapy, dance rehabilitation, and Pilates certifications.
As a former competitive dancer and varsity-level sprinter, she has a natural interest in treating running and dance injuries. Jeannette's other clinical interests include treatment of the shoulder, lower extremity, and sport injury rehab. Jeannette is a certified Pilates instructor and has been teaching Physio Pilates at the HPC since 2019.
When asked about her favourite tips for clients, Jeannette says, "sometimes problems with one area of your body may cause symptoms in a seemingly unrelated area. During your therapy sessions, expect your therapist to examine areas of your body outside of where you are experiencing your symptoms in order to get to the root of the problem and create an effective treatment plan for you."
- Master of Science in Physical Therapy, University of Toronto
- Honours Bachelor of Science in Human Kinetics, University of Guelph
Continuing Education and Certificates:
- Body Harmonics® Mat and Reformer Pilates Instructor certification
- Certificate in Integrated Dry Needling
- Concussion management courses
- Course for Rehabilitation for dancers
- TMJ management course
- Manual Therapy Levels 1-3
- Completion of the Intermediate Practical Examination with the Canadian Physiotherapy Association
- First Responder for Sport
Professional Membership & Licenses
- Member of the Canadian Physiotherapy Association
- Member of Sport Physiotherapy Canada