Same Day Drop-In Counselling, University of Guelph
Our Same Day Drop-In Counselling service provides 1:1 support, information, and referrals to students dealing with a variety of same-day, emerging or crisis situations.
During Drop-In hours, call the front desk of Counselling Services at 519-824-4120 Ext. 53244 to sign in or come to Student Wellness Services in the JT Powell Building and check-in with our front reception desk.
Hours: Monday - Friday 1 - 3:30pm
Available in person, virtual, or over the phone
Call 519-8244120 x53244 or come to the JT Powell building
Counselling Drop-in for Black Students and Students of Colour:
- Hours: Wednesdays 1-3:30pm
- Sessions can be booked the same day or in advance through Student Experience.
What to expect during your counselling session:
- 30-minute 1:1 sessions with a professional counsellor
- Students are supported in a first-come, first-served basis
- Letters for academic consideration are rarely provided in first-time drop-in appointments from our service.
- if the situation is medical, seek documentation from your physician
- if the situation is covered by your registration for SAS, seek intervention from your advisor
- if the situation is based on compassionate grounds, discuss it with your Program Counselling office
Counselling for International & ELP Students
keep.meSAFE is a Mental Wellness Student Support Program available to University of Guelph International and ELP (English Language Program) students
- Get support via chat, phone or through ongoing virtual appointments
- Access anywhere and anytime. Support is Available 24/7
- Free to access for University of Guelph International and ELP (English Language Program) students
- Counsellors understand your culture & speak your language
Are you in need of Urgent Help?
Are you in crisis, feeling unsafe, or worried you might hurt yourself or others?
Monday - Friday (8:30 am - 4:30 pm):
- If a response is needed TODAY, contact 519-824-4120 ext. 52131
- If a response can wait 24 hours, contact a Student Wellness Navigator by calling 519-824-4120 ext. 52131
- Campus Safety Office: 519-824-4120 Ext. 2000 or 519-840-5000. An IMPACT mental health worker will respond with the campus safety office if available.
After Hours (after 4:30 pm or on weekends):
- Here 24/7 (Mental health resource): 1-844-437-3247
- Crisis Text Line powered by Kids Help Phone: Text UofG to 686868
- Campus Safety Office (for immediate responses): 519-824-4120 Ext. 2000 or 519-840-5000
- Off-campus - (for immediate responses): Call Emergency Services - 911
UofG Counselling Services
University of Guelph, Counselling Services offers several resources, including both individual and group counselling to support students as they work through personal challenges that affect their ability to succeed at school and in other areas of their lives. We also support staff and faculty to respond to student concerns. Counselling Services has no fee required at the time of service. Sessions are offered by phone, in-person or video (as guidelines allow).