Individual Student Counselling
Individual counselling at the University of Guelph Student Wellness Services offers you the opportunity to talk one-on-one with a counsellor to explore, understand, and work through personal issues.
Students often seek counselling to deal with issues related to:
- Addiction and substance-use support
- Anger management
- Disorder eating
- Grief and loss
- Lack of Motivation
- Loneliness and homesickness
- Managing stress
- Past trauma
- Questioning your sexuality
- Relationships (family, friends, roommates and partners)
- Sexual, physical, emotional and verbal abuse
- Shyness, low self-esteem
- Thoughts of suicide or self-harm
How to Book an Appointment
Please call 519-824-4120 Ext. 53244 to schedule an appointment with a Counsellor or drop by the front desk on the first floor of the J.T. Powell Building.
- Available via phone, virtual or in-person.
- Drop-in Counselling for Black Students and Students of Colour (Fall 2022: Wednesdays 1-3:30 pm. Sessions can be booked the same day or in advance through Student Experience)
- The drop-in service is available to provide support, information and referrals to students dealing with a variety of same-day, emerging or crisis situations.
We try to see students as soon as possible; however, as the semester progresses wait times for appointments increase. If students feel they cannot wait until the next available appointment, they should take advantage of our same day drop-in appointments. Also, there are many services you may access off campus if you require more specific follow-up.
Counselling Services respects confidentiality at all times and is guided by the laws of the Province, the University's policy, and its own policy on confidentiality. Please review the confidentiality resources provided on this website.
Additional Counselling Resources
- What to Expect
- Mental Health Resources
- Book an Appointment
- Peer-to-Peer Drop-in Support (Student Support Network)