Mental Health Support & Resources
Quick links to mental health support services available to University of Guelph students
There are a variety of supports available on campus that reflect the range of challenges you may face. No matter what you're struggling with, we want all students to realize their potential and have the best university experience possible.
Reach out to one of our many campus resources, explore online mental health website, or connect with a helpline.
Are you in crisis, feeling unsafe or worried you might hurt yourself or others?
Call 519-824-4120 x52131 to book an appointment to speak to a Navigator.
Appointments are available Monday through Friday.
Learn more about International & ELP Student Counselling Options
Counselling Services offers several therapy groups that offer professional and peer support over several weeks.
- Wellness group for Black, Indigenous and Students of Colour
- Managing Stress and Anxiety in Varsity Sport
- Groups for Depression or Anxiety
- Dialectical Behavioral Training
- Disordered Eating Group
- Distress Tolerance
- Creating Space For Grief
- Meal Support Group
- Men's Group
- Building Healthy Relationships
- Building Social Confidence
- Regulating Emotions
- Stress Management
- Other topics as required
Students contact Student Wellness Services (519-824-4120 x 53244 from M-F 8:30am-4:30pm) to meet with a Student Wellness Navigator for 20 min to discuss options and schedules. Click here to view more information on Group Therapy.
Student Accessibility Services runs support groups for students to connect with others who experience a similar disability. Connect with your SAS Advisor to join these groups.
Connect to other students with similar backgrounds and access identity-specific supports and advising through Student Experience.
- Providing education and support that are trauma-informed, anti-oppressive, survivor-centric, and rooted in harm-reduction philosophies
- Supporting student survivors of sexual and gender-based violence, including coordinating accommodations, system navigations, safety planning, and referrals
- Providing preventative education and training to the University of Guelph campus community