About Counselling Services
The University of Guelph recognizes that while working to improve life, students, faculty and staff may face a range of challenges.
Counselling Services is here to help.
As a welcoming and diverse community, we seek to help all students achieve academic goals through personal development, balanced mental health and community engagement. A range of supports are available to the entire University community including students, faculty and staff. The team in counselling services is also able to prioritize those in crisis to expedite support and counselling.
Counselling Services provides:
- professional level short-term individual and group counselling/therapy
- programming focused on identified needs of students
- consultative services to the University community (students, faculty and staff)
- evaluation and/or research activities of services provided to better service our community
- referrals off campus in Guelph if students prefer or require more intensive or long-term counselling/therapy
These services assist in making the University environment as beneficial as possible to the intellectual, emotional, and physical development of students. They can help students realize their potentials and truly benefit from the academic environment and experience. We can help improve life.
Inclusivity and Accessibility
Counselling Services is committed to diversity in its broadest sense.
We place a high value on the dignity and worth of all individuals regardless of their gender, ethnicity, race, sexual/affectional orientation, age, physical and mental abilities, religious beliefs, and socioeconomic background. The professional ethics and standards of the various mental health disciplines represented at Counselling Services are demonstrated daily in the services we provide to the University community.