Student Support Network
UofG Student Support Network
The Student Support Network (SSN) offers drop-in peer support in Fall and Winter terms. The SSN is not available during statutory holidays, reading week and the Summer semester (May - August). A team of extensively trained student volunteers is ready to provide a supportive ear to any University of Guelph student.
Peer to Peer Counselling Drop-In:
- Confidential, non-judgmental listening & support
- Information and referrals
- An opportunity to chat with peers who care
- SSN for BIPOC students
Virtual: Drop-in peer support
12pm-6pm and 8pm-10pm.
Monday-Friday 6pm-8pm (on-line booking is still required)
Located in the Wellness Education & Promotion Centre, first floor of the J.T. Powell Buidling.
Exam Hours - During the exam period hours are Monday-Friday 12pm-8pm.
The SSN is closed in the Spring/Summer semester, during Winter Break, and during Reading Week
SSN for BIPOC Students Hours
If you identify as BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Colour) and would like to speak with someone who identifies similarly, join us for our SSN for BIPOC student hours.
Thursdays: 4:00-6:00pm (virtual)
Book a session at the same link above
After hours and phone support are offered through Here 24/7 at 1-844-437-3247 for crisis services, or Good2Talk at 1-866-925-5454, or contact the Crisis Text Line powered by Kids Help Phone by texting UofG to 686868.
How to find us? Helpful wayfinding tips for in-person sessions:
- To access the drop-in, enter through the main doors of the J.T. Powell building and turn right (past the washrooms). You will see a sign to direct you to the drop-in space.
- The J.T. Powell Building is also home to Counselling Services, Student Accessibility Serices, Health Services Clinic and the HPC.
- The J.T. Powell building is beside the Gryphon's Athletics Centre.
COVID Safety Guidelines
Students visiting the in-person drop-in must adhere to the following COVID-19 safety guidelines
- Be vaccinated as per the University of Guelph mandate
- Complete the University of Guelph Daily COVID Screener prior to the session which can be accessed here https://uoguelph.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6lh1bNRMHDEU1O
- Wear a mask during the session
- Remain 6ft away from others
If you would like to keep up to date on what we offer throughout the year, as well as the specific starting date of applications, stay connected to the SSN:
- Get involved: SSN Volunteer Program
- Follow Student Wellness on Instagram (@wellness_uofg)
- Like Student Wellness on Facebook
- Follow Student Wellness on Twitter (@Wellness_UofG)