Student Support Network
UofG Student Support Network
The Student Support Network (SSN) offers drop-in peer support in Fall and Winter terms. The SSN is not available during statutory holidays, reading week and the Summer semester (May - August). A team of extensively trained student volunteers is ready to provide a supportive ear to any University of Guelph student.
At all SSN services, you'll find:
- Confidential, non-judgmental listening & support
- Information and referrals
- An opportunity to chat with peers who care
- SSN for BIPOC students
Exam Hours - During the exam period hours are Monday-Friday 12pm-8pm.
(Winter 2021 semester, drop-in peer support is offered virtually) *Students are expected to keep their camera on throughout their virtual session.
The SSN is closed in the Spring/Summer semester, during Winter Break, and during Reading Week
SSN for BIPOC Students Hours
After hours and phone support are offered through Here 24/7 at 1-844-437-3247 for crisis services, or Good2Talk at 1-866-925-5454, or contact the Crisis Text Line powered by Kids Help Phone by texting UofG to 686868.
If you would like to keep up to date on what we offer throughout the year, as well as the specific starting date of applications, stay connected to the SSN:
- Get involved: SSN Volunteer Program
- Follow Student Wellness on Instagram (@wellness_uofg)
- Like Student Wellness on Facebook
- Follow Student Wellness on Twitter (@Wellness_UofG)