Student Wellness Counselling Services Frequently Asked Questions
U of G Student Wellness Counselling Services - Frequently Asked Questions
Have a question about Student Wellness Counselling Services? See our FAQs below.
Can't find an answer?
Frequently Asked Questions
- Counselling Services provides online video and phone counselling sessions. We also provide virtual groups.
- Drop-in Counselling continues by phone Monday-Friday, 12:30-3:30. Call us at ext. 53244
- For registered students, workshops, therapy groups and stress management programs have no fee at time of service
- Yes, you are eligible for Counselling Services while on a Co-op work term. Students are often encouraged to seek service off campus during their work term to access more frequent sessions and to access service geographically closer to work placement. To access services off campus consider benefits through your Student insurance plan and/or Employee Assistance Programs and benefits through family. Your Student benefits covers online video counselling offered through Feeling Better Now.
- Counselling appointments are usually about 50 minutes, but your counsellor will determine this with you. Drop-in appointments are approximately 30 minutes designed for immediate assistance.
- Consult our counsellors’ profiles page and ask state your preference when booking an appointment. The majority of the counsellors are white and we are working to increase diversity on our staff.
University of Guelph International and ELP (English Language Program) students may now access the keep.meSAFE Mental Wellness Student Support Program