Same Day Drop-In Counselling
The Same Day Drop-In Counselling service is available to provide 1:1 support, information, and referrals to students dealing with a variety of same-day, emerging or crisis situations.
During Drop-In hours, call the front desk of Counselling Services at 519-824-4120 Ext. 53244 to sign in or come to Student Wellness Services in the JT Powell Building and check-in with our front reception desk.
- Fall and Winter semesters: 1pm - 3:30pm Monday - Friday
- Summer semester: 2:00 - 3:30 pm Monday - Friday
Counselling Drop-in for Rachialized Students
- Thursdays (Fall/Winter 1-3pm)
- Thursdays (Summer 2-3:30pm)
- Sessions can be booked same day or in advance.
What to expect:
- 30-minute 1:1 sessions with a professional counsellor
- Students are supported in a first-come, first-served basis
- Letters for academic consideration are rarely provided in first-time drop-in appointments from our service.
- if the situation is medical, seek documentation from your physician
- if the situation is covered by your registration for SAS, seek intervention from your advisor
- if the situation is based on compassionate grounds, discuss it with your Program Counselling office
Are you in need of Urgent Help?
Are you in crisis, feeling unsafe, or worried you might hurt yourself or others?
Monday - Friday (8:30 am - 4:30 pm):
- If a response is needed TODAY, contact 519-824-4120 ext. 52131
- If a response can wait 24 hours, contact a Student Wellness Navigator by calling 519-824-4120 ext. 52131
- Campus Safety Office: 519-824-4120 Ext. 2000 or 519-840-5000. An IMPACT mental health worker will respond with the campus safety office if available.
After Hours (after 4:30 pm or on weekends):
- Here 24/7 (Mental health resource): 1-844-437-3247
- Crisis Text Line powered by Kids Help Phone: Text UofG to 686868
- Campus Community Police (for immediate responses): Ext. 2000 or 519-840-5000
- Off-campus - (for immediate responses): Call Emergency Services - 911
UofG Counselling Services
University of Guelph, Counselling Services offers several resources, including both individual and group counselling to support students as they work through personal challenges that affect their ability to succeed at school and in other areas of their lives. We also support staff and faculty to respond to student concerns. Counselling Services has no fee required at the time of service. Sessions are offered by phone, in-person or video (as guidelines allow).