Physiotherapy for Neck Pain | HPC, Guelph
Neck pain can be very uncomfortable, in some cases this can debilitate your movement from looking side to side. If neck pain involves nerves it can cause numbness, tingling, or weakness in your arm, hand, or elsewhere.
- Muscle strains
- Overuse (too much time spent hunched over your computer or smartphone)
- Degenerative Disk Disease: a condition in which the vertebral discs wear down, thus causing neck and/or back pain. This can occur with age or as the result of activity or a sports injury.
- Whiplash: caused by a sudden and intense flexion or extension (nodding head yes/no movement) of the neck.
- Nerve compression
- Poor posture
- Cervical spondylosis
- Spinal stenosis
- Physical therapy
- Nerve Stimulation (Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation)
- Home exercises
- Traction (stretching of the neck)
- Short-term immobilization
- Surgery (however this is rarely needed to treat neck pain)
- Alternative medicine (Acupuncture, chiropractic, massage)
If you are experiencing Neck Pain, call us at HPC 519-767-5011 to arrange an appointment with one of our trained Guelph Physiotherapists.