Registered Dietitian & Nutrition Services
Dietitian and Nutrition Expertise for General Health & Athletic Performance
Are you confused about which foods, fluids and supplements you should be using and when? Whether you're a high-performance athlete or just looking for expert advice on achieving optimal health, our HPC Registered Dietitians can help you. As specialists in nutrition, we offer support for those looking for general health recommendations to peak sports performance rooted in up-to-date and scientifically-based recommendations.
Our Registered Dietitians support our clients through consultations, in which they design highly effective nutrition plans, personalized weight loss programs, and healthy eating plans for all ages, health conditions and goals.
HPC Dietitians offer a variety of programs including one-on-one visits, packages, and nutrition seminars (on and off-site) to help our clients reach their full potential.
Initial Dietitians & Nutrition Assessments Include:
- Nutrition goals and discussion about what you wish to gain from our session(s)
- Medical & diet history
- Supplement review
- Bloodwork review (if available)
- Exercise routine
- Reviewing educational materials (handouts, slides, etc.) relating to your individual needs. This can be any of the following topics:
- sports nutrition info on fueling, recovery, carbohydrate periodization, hydration, supplements, snack and meal ideas
- meal ideas (with considerations for omnivore, vegetarian, or vegan lifestyles)
- snack ideas
- timing of food and relationship to energy levels
- weight loss - help with calorie tracking/behaviour change strategies and sustainable tips to reduce calorie intake
- iron deficiency info including food sources and supplement help
- bone health: calcium/vitamin D info
- gut health (low FODMAP diet and considerations for athletes
Why Consult A Registered Dietitian?
Accredited with a university degree and professional internship program, registered dietitians are your most trusted source for nutrition information. The role of your HPC registered dietitian is to provide you with practical information, support and guidance. Our team will work with you to set realistic, measurable goals that move you towards long-term success. Together, our team can help:
- Achieve and maintain a healthy weight without dieting.
- Increase energy: get a plan for meals and snacks
- Improve performance: sports nutrition, ask about supplements
- Improve digestion: reduce gas, stomach upset, diarrhea, constipation, celiac disease
- Support those with eating disorders: anorexia, bulimia, overeating
- Manage food allergies or intolerances ie: lactose intolerance
- Prevent heart disease: learn how fat, salt and sugar affect your heart.
- Prevent and manage diabetes
- Avoid nutrient deficiencies: Iron, B12, Calcium
- Become inspired: seminars, recipes, ideas, support. Looking for healthy and nutritious recipes? Try this list of recipes.
Health and Performance Centre Nutrition Services:
- Lifestyle Change
- Sport Nutrition/Performance
- Eating for Exercise
- Reducing Cravings
- Increasing Energy
- Meal Planning
- Vegetarian Eating
- High Cholesterol/ Triglycerides
- Blood Pressure Control
- Blood Sugars Control
- Diabetes Management
- Eating Disorders
- Improving Bone Health
- Digestive Disorders
- Iron Deficiency
- Lifecycle Nutrition (Pregnancy, Childhood, Aging)
This list is not all-inclusive. If you don’t see your particular interest in this list – please email us to inquire.
Rachel Hannah Registered Dietitian
Rachel Hannah is an award-winning Registered Dietitian serving the City of Guelph and brings over 9 years of clinical experience to the Health and Performance Centre. She services all nutritional goals and action planning including:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Acceptance-Based Behavioural Approach to Weight Management
- Energy Availability for Health & Performance
- Individual Periodized Nutrition Planning for Athletes
- Iron Deficiency, Gastrointestinal Issues, Bone Health plus more
Rachel Hannah puts her clinical knowledge to applied use as a Distance Runner, having won 5 Canadian Championships in Road Racing, Track and Cross Country. She has been the First Canadian in the Boston Marathon and won a Bronze Medal in the 2015 Pan Am Games Marathon.
Did you know anyone can call themselves a Nutritionist?
“Nutritionist” is not a protected name. However, unlike Nutritionists, Dietitians (like Doctors) have a Professional College that requires high standards of practice and protects the public from fraud. Look for the “RD – Registered Dietitian” to be sure you are getting high-quality, reliable advice.
Nutrition and Exercise Expertise
Our expertise is in helping people balance nutrition with activity levels to achieve optimal weight and increased energy. Our Dietitians are trained in exercise science and are also passionate about the role of fitness for health. They believe eating and exercise are inextricably connected. HPC will help you find the right balance between the two and stay motivated to reap the long-term benefits.