Nutrition Services at HPC
We Specialize in Nutrition for General Health & Peak Sport Performance
Choosing the right foods, fluids and supplements applies to athletes as well as anyone looking to achieve optimal health. At HPC, our Registered Dietitians specialize in nutrition for general health and peak sport performance and pride themselves in providing up-to-date and scientifically-based nutrition recommendations.
Our Registered Dietitians support our clients through consultations, in which they design highly effective sports nutrition plans, personalized weight loss programs and healthy eating plans for all ages and health conditions.
HPC offers a variety of programs, including one-on-one visits, packages and nutrition seminars (on and off-site), to help our clients reach their full potential.
Your inital nutrition services assessment includes:
- Nutrition goals and discussion about what you want wants to gain from our session(s)
- medical history
- diet history
- supplement review
- bloodwork review (if available)
- exercise routine
From there, the Regisitered Dietitian will spend time going over educational materials (handouts, slides, etc.) relating to your individual needs. This can be any of the following topics:
- sports nutrition info on fueling, recovery, carbohydrate periodization, hydration, supplements, snack and meal ideas
- meal ideas (with considerations for omnivore, vegetarian, or vegan lifestyles)
- snack ideas
- timing of food and relationship to energy levels
- weight loss - help with calorie tracking/behavior change strategies and sustainable tips to reduce calorie intake
- iron deficiency info including food sources and supplement help
- bone health: calcium/vitamin D info
- gut health (low FODMAP diet and considerations for athletes)
Why Consult A Registered Dietitian?
Accredited with a university degree and professional internship program, registered dietitians are your most trusted source for nutrition information. The role of your HPC registered dietitian is to provide you with practical information, support and guidance. Our team will work with you to set realistic, measurable goals that move you towards long-term success. Together, our team can help:
- Achieve and maintain a healthy weight without dieting.
- Increase energy: get a plan for meals and snacks
- Improve performance: sport nutrition, ask about supplements
- Improve digestion: reduce gas, stomach upset, diarrhea, constipation, celiac disease
- Support those with eating disorders: anorexia, bulimia, overeating
- Manage food allergies or intolerances ie: lactose intolerance
- Prevent heart disease: learn how fat, salt and sugar affect your heart.
- Prevent and manage diabetes
- Avoid nutrient deficiencies: Iron, B12, Calcium
- Become inspired: seminars, recipes, ideas, support. Looking for healthy and nutritious recipes? Try this list of recipes.
Did you know anyone can call themselves a Nutritionist?
“Nutritionist” is not a protected name. However, unlike Nutritionists, Dietitians (like Doctors) have a Professional College that requires high standards of practice and protects the public from fraud. Look for the “RD – Registered Dietitian” to be sure you are getting high-quality, reliable advice.