Dietician Services at HPC
Guelph Dietician Services, HPC
Rachel Hannah brings over 9 years of clinical experience to the Health and Performance Centre. She services all Nutritional Goal and Action Planning including:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Acceptance-Based Behavioural approach to Weight Management
- Energy Availability for Health & Performance
- Individual Periodized Nutrition Planning for Athletes
- Iron Deficiency, Gastrointestinal Issues, Bone Health plus more
Rachel Hannah puts her clinical knowledge to applied use as a Distance Runner, having won 5 Canadian Championships in Road Racing, Track and Cross Country. She has been the First Canadian in the Boston Marathon and won a Bronze Medal in the 2015 Pan Am Games Marathon.
Expertise in Nutrition for General Health & Peak Sport Performance
Choosing the right foods, fluids and supplements applies to athletes as well as anyone looking to achieve optimal health. At HPC, our Registered Dietitians specialize in nutrition for general health and peak sport performance and pride themselves in providing up-to-date and scientifically-based nutrition recommendations.
Our Registered Dietitians support our clients through consultations, in which they design highly effective sports nutrition plans, personalized weight loss programs and healthy eating plans for all ages and health conditions.
HPC offers a variety of programs, including one-on-one visits, packages and nutrition seminars (on and off-site), to help our clients reach their full potential.
Your inital nutrition services assessment includes:
- Nutrition goals and discussion about what you want wants to gain from our session(s)
- medical history
- diet history
- supplement review
- bloodwork review (if available)
- exercise routine
From there, the Regisitered Dietitian will spend time going over educational materials (handouts, slides, etc.) relating to your individual needs. This can be any of the following topics:
- sports nutrition info on fueling, recovery, carbohydrate periodization, hydration, supplements, snack and meal ideas
- meal ideas (with considerations for omnivore, vegetarian, or vegan lifestyles)
- snack ideas
- timing of food and relationship to energy levels
- weight loss - help with calorie tracking/behavior change strategies and sustainable tips to reduce calorie intake
- iron deficiency info including food sources and supplement help
- bone health: calcium/vitamin D info
- gut health (low FODMAP diet and considerations for athletes)
Why Consult A Registered Dietitian?
Accredited with a university degree and professional internship program, registered dietitians are your most trusted source for nutrition information. The role of your HPC registered dietitian is to provide you with practical information, support and guidance. Our team will work with you to set realistic, measurable goals that move you towards long-term success. Together, our team can help:
- Achieve and maintain a healthy weight without dieting.
- Increase energy: get a plan for meals and snacks
- Improve performance: sport nutrition, ask about supplements
- Improve digestion: reduce gas, stomach upset, diarrhea, constipation, celiac disease
- Support those with eating disorders: anorexia, bulimia, overeating
- Manage food allergies or intolerances ie: lactose intolerance
- Prevent heart disease: learn how fat, salt and sugar affect your heart.
- Prevent and manage diabetes
- Avoid nutrient deficiencies: Iron, B12, Calcium
- Become inspired: seminars, recipes, ideas, support. Looking for healthy and nutritious recipes? Try this list of recipes.
Health and Performance Centre Nutrition Services:
- Lifestyle Change
- Sport Nutrition/Performance
- Eating for Exercise
- Reducing Cravings
- Increasing Energy
- Meal Planning
- Vegetarian Eating
- High Cholesterol/ Triglycerides
- Blood Pressure Control
- Blood Sugars Control
- Diabetes Management
- Eating Disorders
- Improving Bone Health
- Digestive Disorders
- Iron Deficiency
- Lifecycle Nutrition (Pregnancy, Childhood, Aging)
This list is not all-inclusive. If you don’t see your particular interest in this list – please email us to inquire.
Did you know anyone can call themselves a Nutritionist?
“Nutritionist” is not a protected name. However, unlike Nutritionists, Dietitians (like Doctors) have a Professional College that requires high standards of practice and protects the public from fraud. Look for the “RD – Registered Dietitian” to be sure you are getting high-quality, reliable advice.
Nutrition and Exercise Expertise
Our expertise is in helping people balance nutrition with activity level to achieve an optimal weight and increased energy. Our Dietitians are trained in exercise science and are also passionate about the role of fitness for health. They believe eating and exercise are inextricably connected. HPC will help you find the right balance between the two and stay motivated to reap the long-term benefits.