University of Guelph Therapy Groups
Therapy groups at the University of Guelph can offer professional support over a longer duration and peer support from others experiencing similar challenges. All groups are virtual using Microsoft Teams with approximately 8-9 participants. Groups run for 1.5 hours weekly and vary in length from 3-10 weeks.
How To Join a Group:
Contact reception at 519-824-4120 x53244 and speak to a Student Wellness Navigator
If you are already connected to our services speak to your counsellor or physician about a referral to group.
- Groups for Depression or Anxiety
- Dialectical Behavioral Training
- Disordered Eating Group
- Distress Tolerance
- Creating Space For Grief
- Meal Support Group
- Men's Group
- Building Healthy Relationships
- Building Social Confidence
- Regulating Emotions
- Stress Management
- Other topics as required
- SHINE (Student Habits in Education) is a 7-session program using positive psychology tools to help navigate emotions and use your strengths.
- Visit Student Wellness Education & Promotion Centre's GryphLife page for further details and to register.
* This is not a clinical, counselling group, but facilitated by professional staff and supported by a student co-facilitator.