Student Wellness Winter Break Closure
Please note, Student Wellness Services (Counselling, Health Services, Accessibility Services (SAS) Sexual and Gender-Based Violence Support & Education, The Health & Performance Centre (HPC) (see HPC hours below), Student Support Network (SSN), and the Wellness Education & Promotion Centre) are closed as a result of the University of Guelph campus winter break closure from Friday, Dec. 23, 2022 - Tuesday, Jan. 3, 2023 at 8:30am. Below is a list of potential resources available while we are closed.
From all of us here at Student Wellness, we wish you a gentle and restful holiday season and winter break.
Accessing Medical Care
All Student Health Services are closed during this break. If you are in need of medical care, please view our list of Guelph Drop-In Clinics. If you are experiencing moderate cold/flu or possible covid symptoms, you can call the Guelph COVID Cold Flu Care Clinic at calling (226) 773-1922. Please note: this service is by appointment only. The Guelph COVID Cold Flu Care Clinic is open Monday - Friday 8:45 a.m. - 4:15 p.m., and Saturdays & Sundays: 9:15 a.m - 12:45 p.m.
Health Services Holiday Hours:
- December 22, 2022 - January 2, 2023: CLOSED
- Reopening on January 3, 2023 at 8:30am
Accessing Mental Health Resources & Support Services
The winter break can be difficult for many reasons. If you find your mental health is being negatively affected during the break or are in crisis, please consider reaching out to these 24hr resources:
- Good2Talk: Call 1 -866-925-5454 or text "GOOD2TALKON" to 686868
- Here 24/7 (Mental health resource): 1-844-437-3247
- Crisis Text Line: Text "UofG" to 686868
- Explore more mental health websites and apps to find self-help resources that work for you. Click here for a list of mental health helplines and websites.
- International students: Keep.me SAFE Program 1-844-451-9700
- Off-Campus and Self-Guided Mental Health Resources for Students
Check out our Instagram holiday break series on boundary setting, self-care tips and more for resources that may help to make this break a bit more gentle for you.
- Tips for staying connected and having fun over the break while you're in Guelph
- Setting Boundaries During the Holidays
- Self Care
- New Year Intentions
- Winter Blues
- Resetting for a New Semester
Accessing Sexual and Gender-Based Violence Support
- Access our list of Sexual & Gender-Based Violence resources, including emergency services, reporting, and self-help resources
Health & Performance Centre (HPC)
The Health & Performance Centre (HPC) will be open during some of the campus closure. Here is a list of the clinic's Holiday Hours:
- Dec. 23 - 27, 2022: CLOSED
- Dec. 28 - 30, 2022: 10:00am - 4:00pm
- Dec. 31, 2022 - Jan. 2, 2023: CLOSED
- Regular hours resume Jan. 3, 2023
All services offered at the Health and Performance Centre are open to the general public/Guelph community, as well as U of G staff, faculty and students. For more information, visit uoguelph.ca/hpc