Are you a University of Guelph Student looking for a medical note?
If you're experiencing symptoms of illness, please complete the student self-declaration form, which will act as your medical note for respiratory-related illnesses. This self-declaration form should be completed if you are missing class or course requirements due to self-isolation or self-isolation requirements related to COVID-19. If you have a paid job at the University, do not complete this form. Fill out the Employee Self-Declaration Form instead.
If you are self-isolating or experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, please follow these steps to keep our community safe:
- If you are ill, stay home.
- Follow the directions, including self-isolation requirements, provided by the Ontario COVID-19 Self-Assessment Tool.
- For 10 days after your symptoms begin or from the date of your positive test, you MUST wear a tight-fitting medical-style mask when you are out.
- Notify your instructors of your absence by email to discuss course requirements and deadlines.
- Students who require accommodation related to a verified disability should contact their SAS advisor for guidance on accommodations due to COVID-19.
- If you will miss an assessment deadline because you are self-isolating or experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, you should contact your course instructor to discuss your options.
- Talk to your program counsellor if your illness lasts for a significant period of time.
- Students living in residence should stay in their room while you are ill. If you must leave your room for any reason, including to use the washroom, you MUST wear a mask.
- Ask your roommates/friends for help delivering your meals. Connect with your Residence Advisor if you need further support.
- If you have questions or concerns related to COVID-19, the University's COVID-19 Call Centre can help. Call 519-824-4120 Ext. 53906 or email email@example.com.
- You are NOT required to see a doctor if you test positive for COVID-19.
- If you start to experience worsening symptoms, please call your family doctor or Student Health Services at 519-824-4120 ext. 52131 or Telehealth Ontario at 1-866-797-0000 to arrange an over-the-phone assessment. If your symptoms are severe, go to the emergency room or call 911.
If you have further questions or still need a medical note, please contact your academic advisor or family doctor.