Housing Assistance

Residence Living

Student Housing Services provides living environments and services that promote student success. Their staff can assist students with disabilities who are applying to live in residence. Single or accessible rooms, cooking facilities, or rooms in a quiet area may be available to accommodate specific disability-related needs.

In order to qualify for residence, you must be a registered as a full-time student at the U of G and apply by the deadline. Consideration may be given to students who study part-time because of their disability.   

Disclosing your Disability in the Residence Application

To have a disability considered in the room assignment process, please review the Special Accommodation Information and submit a request form when you apply to residence.

Please note: Student Housing Services and SAS recognizes the importance of single rooms for students with disabilities. However, when demand is high, we cannot guarantee requests for single rooms.

Attendant Care

The University of Guelph does not provide attendant care. SAS can assist students in obtaining attendant care by linking you to community resources such as the Community Care Access Centre (CCAC) and Guelph Independent Living (GIL).

Student Housing Services

Additional information about special consideration requests are detailed on the Student Housing Services website.