Face Masking Policy - Effective July 1, 2022
Jun 29th, 2022
As of July 1st, 2022, the University of Guelph will be pausing its mandatory masking requirement. Given the nature of healthcare services, the Health and Performance Centre will be adopting the following measures to provide a supportive space for all:
- Staff/Practitioners working in close contact with others are encouraged to continue to mask and are required to wear a mask if requested by the client or if the client attends their appointment wearing a mask.
- Masks will not be required for patients.
- We will provide a supportive space for all patients regardless of their decision to wear or not wear a mask.
- Individuals attending appointments in the Health and Performance Centre will continue to be actively screened on arrival for appointments and individuals should cancel their appointments if they are experiencing any symptoms of respiratory illness.
- Individuals who cancel appointments in advance due to illness will not be charged cancellation fees.
Given the nature of the pandemic, this may change without notice based on recommendations, guidance, legislation, or other information as required.
Read more about the Student Wellness Services Masking Policy - Effective July 1, 2022