Brett Lyons, Physiotherapist HPC Guelph
Brett joined the physiotherapy team at the University of Guelph's Health and Performance Centre back in 2008 and has served as the head physiotherapist since 2009. Throughout his career, Brett has had the privilege of working as a physiotherapist in orthopaedic and sport medicine clinics across Canada, the United Kingdom and Australia.
He has extensive training in the assessment and treatment of concussions, with the University of Guelph's Health and Performance Centre recognized by the Ontario Neurotrauma Foundation as a specialized concussion clinic (one of only 27 clinics in the entire province to receive such designation).
Brett is also certified in Gunn IMS and has a special interest in the treatment of the ankle, knee and lumbar spine.
- Master of Manual Therapy, University of Western Australia
- Bachelor of Science (Physical Therapy), Western University
Continuing Education and Certificates:
- Advanced Manual Therapy - Part B
- Equivalency Acupuncture for Pain Control - Level I (U.K. Accreditation)
- Mulligan Techniques - Upper Quadrant
- Myofascial Release - Level I
- Lumbar/Core Stabilisation Techniques
- Explain and Understand Pain - Lorimer Moseley
- Lumber Rehabilitation - Stuart McGill
Professional Membership & Licenses
- Fellow of the Canadian Academy of Manipulative Therapists
- Member of the Canadian Physiotherapy Association (CPA)
- Member of the Orthopaedic Division of the CPA