Helpful Information for New Students and Parents

View our transition planner with steps to register with SAS, tips on documentation, summer programming, etc.

First Time Applying to SAS

Requires U of G Username and ID

Once you have accepted an offer of admission, and you have a diagnosed disability, you can apply to register with SAS.

Students who have their Student ID  and have been issued a U of G email address and log-in credentials should complete the application

Ready to apply with my U of G email address and log-in credentials

Applying Directly from High School

If you feel that your disability has adversely affected your grades, and that you may be close to the admission cutoffs, please fill out the Supplemental Information Form for Students with Disabilities (SIF-D), which will be available in November.  SAS will retain this information and will use it collaboratively with Admission Services if needed.

Note:  If you receive an offer of admission, make sure you register with SAS as soon as possible after you accept your offer.  Registration with SAS for disability related accommodations and supports for the academic year is a separate process.

SIF-D forms must be submitted by March 1st.

If you have any questions regarding the SIF-D, require additional assistance or are interested in submitting the SIF-D after the deadline, please contact Student Accessibility Services at or

Mature and Transfer Students

If you are applying to the University as a transfer student, or as a mature student, and you experience a disability that you feel has affected your qualifications, please contact Admission Services about providing supplementary information. In these circumstances, a letter from you with additional information may be helpful. If you have more disability-related questions or concerns, Student Accessibility Services would be pleased to discuss them with you.

Graduate Students

If you are admitted to a graduate program and experience a disability, we would be happy to have you register with our office. SAS does support academic accommodation for students at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. However, the grade requirements for admission to graduate programs cannot be adjusted as an accommodation. If you do not meet the minimum grades required, you may wish to consider taking some courses to upgrade your academic standing. Please consult with Graduate & Postdoctoral Studies for more information.

Important: Tests & Exams

If you use the SAS Exam Centre, please remember that all test and exam bookings must be submitted at least 10 BUSINESS DAYS ahead of when you intend to write.

In addition, the last day any bookings can be received is the first business day in November, March or July as appropriate for the semester.
read more