Exam Booking Deadlines
The deadline to book with the SAS Exam Centre is 10 business days in advance (Mon - Fri, excluding holidays) and no later than the first business day in March, July or November as appropriate for the semester.
If you book on a weekend or holiday, it will be received on the NEXT business day. For example, a booking made on Saturday will be received by the staff in our office on Monday.
What is a business day?
- Monday to Friday, apart from days when the University is officially closed (holidays).
- Reading Week (Tue - Fri) and the Fall Study Day in October are regular business days.
- Saturdays are NOT business days as most offices on campus are closed, even if the Exam Centre is open.
- If the campus is closed due to severe weather, we will work remotely and it is still considered a business day - you can make an exam booking and it will be received that day.
What is a holiday?
Days when the university is closed according to the schedule of dates in the academic calendar. The holidays that impact exam bookings are:
- Fall: Thanksgiving (Monday)
- Winter: Family Day (Monday)
- Summer: Victoria Day, Canada Day
The cut-off time for making a booking each day is 11:55 PM.
We strongly encourage you to book at the earliest opportunity rather than the last minute. Nevertheless, here is a calendar to help you visualize business days. When counting on a calendar, remember: do not count the day of the exam. Ten business day starts today, and finishes the day BEFORE the exam.
Help is available to ensure you get all of your exams booked. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Late Exam Bookings
After the deadline, if you submit an exam booking OR CHANGE one, it will be considered late. Due to limited resources, in most cases we are not able to accept a late booking and, regretably, it will be declined. At that point, students have two options:
- A student may choose to write with the class with the understanding that the instructor would not be able to provide their accommodations, or
- Follow the academic consideration policy as it applies to missed exmas, and if a deferred exam is granted, make a booking using the appropriate procedure.
Important: Tests & Exams
If you use the SAS Exam Centre, please remember that all test and exam bookings must be submitted at least 10 BUSINESS DAYS ahead of when you intend to write.
In addition, the last day any bookings can be received is the first business day in November, March or July as appropriate for the semester.