Our daily drop-in has been created to help you get timely assistance from SAS Staff. Same-day help is usually available from one of our Accessibility Assistants who can answer many questions about process and connect you with your advisor to follow-up on more involved concerns.
What Is It For?
Drop-in is intended for students who have a time-sensitive concern related to academic accommodations or SAS procedures. Examples include getting help with:
- Using the SAS Student Portal
- Understanding SAS procedures or how to use your accommodations
- Booking Exams
- Borrowing equipment
- Requesting a letter about your accommodations or information from your file
- Accessible furniture in classrooms
- Barrier-free routes around campus
- Bursary for Students with Disabilities (BSWD)
- Figuring out what kind of help is available
- Anything that can't wait until your SAS Advisor's next available appointment
Drop-in is available Monday through Friday (except holidays). There is no drop-in after final exams are done until classes for the next semester begins.
In-person drop-in is available from 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM. Please check-in at the main reception desk on the lower level of the JT Powell Building.
Online drop-in is available from 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM for timely support with a person. Please click here to chat with our SAS Accessibility Assistants through Microsoft Teams.
Online chatbot support is available anytime of day. It can help to answer basic questions and transfer you to speak with our online drop-in when additional assistance is needed (note the available times for online drop-in above). Please refer to the instructions below to connect with our chatbot through Microsoft Teams.
Getting Started with Online Chatbot Support
Note that the following steps must be done on a laptop or desktop computer (Windows or Mac). Once these steps are complete, you can access the chatbot on any device through your Microsoft Teams account, such as phone or iPad.
1. Add the SAS Student Bot
2. If you have Microsoft Teams installed on your computer, click on "Open Microsoft Teams" (A) otherwise, choose "Cancel" (B) then "use the web app instead" (C).
3. Click "Add".
4. Begin chatting!
Important: Tests & Exams
If you use the SAS Exam Centre, please remember that all test and exam bookings must be submitted at least 10 BUSINESS DAYS ahead of when you intend to write.
In addition, the last day any bookings can be received is the first business day in November, March or July as appropriate for the semester.