Important Test & Exam Information
If you use the SAS Exam Centre, please remember that all test and exam bookings must be submitted at least 7 days in advance of when you intend to write. In addition, the last day any bookings can be received this semester is Friday, March 6, 2020. The booking deadlines exist to ensure we are able to meet the needs of all students who write with us.
If you have difficulty with taking notes during class, the Note Taking Office can provide you with assistance in accessing a volunteer note taker.
Steps in the Process
- Speak with your Advisor about any barriers your experience to taking notes during class.
- Complete a note taking request form that indicates the specific classes where you require notes.
- The Note Taking Office will make a best effort to arrange for a volunteer who will submit their notes to SAS.
- Notes will then be made available to you by the Note Taking Office.
- Please consider writing a note at the end of the semester to thank the volunteer(s) who provided their notes. SAS will forward this to the volunteer(s) on your behalf.
- Note taking does not replace class participation, which may be required in some courses.
- Assistance by a volunteer note taker is intended to help you with the learning process. Going to class and experiencing lectures firsthand is also an important part of that process.
We currently use the SAS Portal to manage our Note Taking Service.
Students who experience a disability can use the portal to request notes for their courses if their SAS Advisor has approved this as an accommodation. They can also retrieve notes for their courses through this site once they are available.
For those students who wish to volunteer, the portal allows you to indicate the courses in which you would be able to take notes. Once approved as a volunteer, you can either upload your notes directly to the portal, scan them, or send them to us electronically and we will upload them for you.