Exam Centre Key Info
Last Updated: August 23, 2021
- Physical Distancing
- Distancing will be automatically provided so long as it is required by public health (likely as long as we are in step 3 of Reopening Ontario).
- If you have a disability-related need for distancing beyond when it is required by public health, please contact your SAS advisor immediately.
- For students with physical distancing as an accommodation, this must be re-evaluated through a conversation between the student and their SAS advisor at the start of each semester.
- CHANGED! Exam Booking Deadline
- In order to write with the SAS Exam Centre on campus, students must make a booking at least 14 days in advance, and not later than March 1.
- To make a booking, you'll need to know the date, starting time, length (minutes) and format of the exam (e.g. multiple choice or essay format). Check your course outline for these details.
- Steps to make a booking
- Tutorial: how to book your tests and exams
- Online Quizzes, Tests and Exams
- Can’t come to campus?
- If you have a disability that prevents you from coming to campus, please speak with your SAS Advisor immediately. When possible, consider taking DE or "alternate delivery" courses (AD-A or AD-S).
- Can’t write online?
- If ou have disability-related reason that you cannot write a test or exam online, it might be possible to write it in-person at the SAS Exam Centre. This will depend on public health protocols. Please speak with your SAS advisor right away.
- What to expect in the exam centre
- Everyone in the SAS Exam Centre is required to follow the same practices for COVID-19 safety as for any indoor space on campus.
- It is important to complete the daily screening: do not come to campus if you are sick or have been advised to stay home. Check your course outline for what to do in the event that you are ill or required to self-isolate.
- Wear a mask.
- Use hand sanitizer when using shared surfaces.
- Common "high touch" surfaces will be cleaned regularly.
- The number of usable seats in the Exam Centre was reduced during the pandemic. This will increase again over time in keeping with public health measures.
- SAS will not be able to lend out headsets/earphones, calculators, pens, pencils and erasers, etc. Students must bring their own.
- Food and drink may not be consumed in the Exam Centre unless it is an approved accommodation.
Exam Centre Deadline
Booking to use the SAS Exam Centre must be done 14 days before the test/exam and no later than November 1 (fall), March 1 (winter) and July 1 (summer). Login to Accessibility Online to book now.