MentorAbility: Jumpstart your career!
MentorAbility provides a unique mentoring experience in which job seekers who self-identify as having a disability are matched with individual mentors (employers or business leaders) – to explore different career pathways and opportunities in their desired field of interest. The experience can last from 1 hour to 1 day long.
Your MentorAbility Experience could involve any of the following:
- You could have a tour of a workplace.
- You may meet new people.
- You could find out more information about a possible career path.
- You could get advice from people with experience in different types of work.
- You could have someone from Human Resources give you feedback on your resume.
- You might do some job-shadowing or observing. So you can see what is involved in a job you are interested in.
- You could learn more about a certain type of business.
- You could do a practice interview.
- You can expand your professional network.
- You can explore the next steps on your career path!