- The opportunity to arrive late or leave early without embarrassment: an adult learner model recognizes that sometimes students have adult obligations
- Recognition that many people (not just those with disabilities) have difficulty with concentrating for an extended period of time
- Consideration for the wide of range of information processing speeds experienced by students
- When possible, configure the classroom so that the entrance/exit is at the back of the room.
- Provide breaks in longer classes and change the pacing regularly.
- Keep the format interesting by using images (including descriptions), jokes, setting topic in the broader context, noting human fallibility, etc.
- Teach learning techniques.
Back: Sensitive Topics | Next: Accessible Written Content