- Opportunity to understand expectations
- Structure with some flexibility
- Guidance towards resources
- Recognition that skill development happens through repetition/practice
- Provide a written description of the purpose and expectations of the assignment.
- Avoid open-ended deadlines.
- Direct students to resources that can help with developing research and writing skills.
- Highlight procrastination resources. Note that procrastination can be driven by some complex underlying difficulites, and is not a typically “time management” issue.
- Set submission deadlines for the start of a class; not midnight, on weekends, or over holidays.
Back: Course Outline | Next: Tests & Exams