We see injured athletes of all ages and are especially interested in the prevention and management of sports injuries in kids. Although "simple sprains" typically feel better with rest, they leave the athlete vulnerable to repeated injury. Undiagnosed and/or untreated injuries in childhood can become complicated, chronic injuries in adulthood.
· University of Toronto, Honours Bachelor of Science (Physiology)
· University of Toronto, MD
Continuing Education and Certifications:
· Sport Medicine Fellowship - Fowler-Kennedy Clinic, University of Western Ontario
· Canadian Academy of Sport Medicine (CASM) Diploma
· Pre-hospital Trauma Life Support
Areas of Expertise and Interest:
· Rugby Injuries
· Running and Cycling Injuries
· Pediatric Sport Injuries
Stephen is a team physician for the University of Guelph varsity rugby teams and the Guelph Storm hockey club. Additionally, Stephen is a National team physician for Rugby Canada.