Thank you for a fantastic year!
With exams now over, I hope everyone takes some well-deserved time to rest and relax before jumping into summer endeavours!
I wanted to take a moment to thank all U of G students for their participation in Nutrition programming offered through Health Services and the Education & Promotion Centre this year. Your participation, enthusiasm and feedback are very important to our programming.
New activities run this year included:
- Two trips to the Guelph Grotto. These events provided students with an opportunity to be active in a new and exciting way.
- Stress relief sessions in the Library. During exams in both December and April, the Library staff rolled out a new program aimed at providing students with ways to take a quick study break. Programs including the opportunity to:
- Speak to Melanie Bowman, Education & Promotion Centre Manager, about stress
- Speak to Kathy Somers about ways to let go following an exam
- Learn brain-building nutrition tips with myself
- Participate in free yoga sessions run by Athletics
- Enjoy free snacks, cookie-decorating and sundae building
- New Residence activities and workshops. Along with the students from the Education & Promotion Centre, I visited various residences to discuss the importance of physical activity, ways to stretch your meal plan dollars, and the Health at Every Size Model
I continue to run cooking classes each month (even during the summer!). Each class has a unique theme and features 2-3 recipes. No prior cooking experience is required. The purpose of the classes is to meet new people, to teach you some new cooking skills, to allow you to try new ingredients. The result is always a delicious and filling dinner...for only $3!