Forward Minds is a mental health awareness group. Our goal is to educate students about mental health issues in order to fight stigma associated with mental illness. These illnesses remain misunderstood and feared, yet statistics show that 1 in 5 Canadians will have a mental health issue at one point in their lives.
Our objectives are to educate students about mental health issues including suicide prevention, to fight stigma associated with mental illness, and to provide information to individuals looking to support someone living with a mental illness. Forward Minds also encourages individuals to take care of themselves and to engage in activities that are enjoyable to them in order to ensure positive mental health.
Visit us at The Wellness Education Centre for more information related to mental health.
Resources and Information
- Mental Well-Being (University of Guelph)
- More Feet on the Ground - Mental Health Awareness (University of Guelph)
- Coping with Anger (Villanova University)
- Coping with Depression (SUNY at Buffalo)
- Depression (Villanova University)
- Go Ask Alice! (Columbia University)
- Shyness and Social Anxiety (Villanova University)
- The Winter Blues and Seasonal Affective Disorder (Villanova University)
- Mood Disorders Support Group of Guelph
Visit the University of Guelph's Mental Well-Being website for more information on Mental Wellness, including how to help a friend in need, and quick tips on dealing with feelings of anxiety, depression, stress, loneliness, relationship issues, and sleep issues. Also find other healthy living resources on campus and ways to get connected and involved in your campus community for overall mental health and wellbeing.