Counselling: What to Expect
Booking an Appointment
- Call ext. 53244 to schedule.
- Come in person to UC level 3, South Elevator. Follow posted signage to Counselling Services front desk.
Urgent Walk-in appointments for registered students:
- Visit our homepage for Walk-In Hours
- 20-30 min appointments
- academic letters usually not provided at these appointments
First Consult appointments
- 50 minute consultation to discuss goals and service options
- come 10 minutes early to complete information sheets
- check in with front desk when you arrive for any appointment
- if you are in the waiting room for more than 10 minutes after the expected start time of your appointment, please check in with the front desk again
- After intake appointment you will discuss followup or referral.
- For longer term or more intensive counselling, we can provide you with community resources.
Other helpful services
- 12pm-10pm Monday-Friday Fall and Winter
- located in Raithy House, across from canon
- run by upper-year students trained in peer support
- provide an ear to listen and give you a space to vent and/or discuss life issues
Use Health Services for:
- a diagnosis and/or medical treatment
- documentation for academic consideration based on medical grounds.
- the diagnosis required to access Student Accessibility Services.
- for students with diagnoses, either physical or mental health related, and/or functional limitations that are related to health in some way
- for safety related questions or concerns or emergency situations